Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday 10/28/08

Lesson Plan

Daily basics--Hello song, calendar, weather, pledge. I have been working with them during the calendar time to make sure that they know the numbers 11-30. We count together while I point and then I point to random numbers to have them tell me what the number is.

Math--Chutes and Ladders focusing on number recognition. When they land on a square they need to be able to say the number. If they can they get to go on more box forward.

Art--they finished their seasons. This was great for Andrew for fine motor. They had to take pieces of tissue paper and turn it into little balls for the blossoms on the spring tree.
Our second art project was coloring the 5 pumpkins on the gate and then they cut them out.

Story and Writing: I told them the rhyme and then I had them tell me a story about the pumpkins. I wrote down their stories that they dictated to me. I was really suprised how well they did.

Story time: We read a Little House on the Prarie book about winter

Phonics Football: We did the sight helper words from HOP and the person that was able to read the word had the ball thrown to them. They had to throw the ball to each other and then to me. Don't ask why, but it was a major hit.

Snack: cheese sticks and applesause cups that we made look like jack-o-latern faces.

It was a great day

No comments: